Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi! Kis Hadh tak...

Saturday, 20 December 2008

We actually got tired with the movie.. painfully long.. It could have been shorter.. I am in two minds as I am writing the review.. Honestly if you ask me I kind of liked the movie (if I speak like a hard core Shahrukh fan) and if I am asked to write a review, I would say it was just okay.

We all laughed (audience in the hall including me) at many instances in the movie, there were emotional moments also, yet I felt that the zing thing was missing..

I guess the story was too good to believe… The fact that the lady gets married to hero and yet does not recognize him because he gets a makeover.. now that does not seem too real.. in a normal scenario we try and find resemblance between Katrina and Zarine and here were are unable to identify the same man..

We see that the lady is falling for the new avatar of her very own husband, but suddenly falls truly, deeply, madly in love with the old one.. strong enough to sacrifice her love for a much older and boring husband.. and coincidences my God!

Heroine dances, so the hero reaches to dance, heroine gets number 21 and her jodidaar is her very own pati! An ordinary Punjab Power House executive could actually afford expensive ways to lure his lady love :)

When I recall the movie, I feel, the songs were not very good.. The one I liked the most was – Tujhme Rab Dikhta Hai.. especially the Shreya Ghoshal version. I found it emotional and it reached my heart.. though the choice of male singer could have been better. Haule haule was just okay and other songs did not meet my expectations.. Very mediocre unlike the Chopras and Salim-Suleiman types! One thing, Kajol and Rani Mukherji look amazing in the Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte medley.

The choreography completely disappointed me..  Since this movie is based on a Dance show, I had expected the dances to be exceptionally good. Normally, they are if it is a Shahrukh movie.

 

 

 



As far as individual performances are concerned they were all good. I really liked Anushka. No one can say that this is the first time she has acted and she does look pretty and taller that Shahrukh, but who cares! Vinay Pathak as usual is also very good.

Overall, a good one-time watch!

0 comments:

Search Engine Submission - AddMe

  © Blogger template Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP